Skip to main content

The Manchester Arena Inquiry has now concluded. The closure notice from the Inquiry Chairman is available here.

Volume 2 is divided into two sub-volumes: Volume 2-I and Volume 2-II. Volume 2-I is 695 pages long. Volume 2-I begins with a Preface and then continues with Parts 9 to 16. Volume 2-II is 189 pages long. It contains Parts 17 to 21 and the Appendices. A list of the names of the twenty-two who died is at page vii of Volume 2-I and at page iii of Volume 2-II.
A large format version combining Volume 2-I (ia, ib and ic) and Volume 2-II is also available.
Volume 2-I (standard format)
Volume 2-II (standard format)
Volume 2 (large format)

Georgina Bethany Callander

Georgina Callander was unlawfully killed as a result of the Attack.

When the bomb detonated, Georgina Callander was approximately four metres from the seat of the explosion.43

Georgina Callander suffered a very serious head injury in the explosion. She remained in the City Room until 23:26 when she was evacuated to the Casualty Clearing Station.44

In the City Room, Georgina Callander was triaged as a P1 casualty, which meant that she was classified as priority one, among the most seriously injured, requiring immediate medical care.45 She was breathing but she did not communicate with anyone who tried to help her.

Georgina Callander was carried into the Casualty Clearing Station at 23:28.46 By this time, she was in cardiac arrest.47 She was given CPR and a cardiac output was restored.48

An ambulance took Georgina Callander to Manchester Royal Infirmary at 23:40.49 On the journey to hospital, initially she had a pulse but was assessed as having a very low score on the Glasgow Coma Scale.50 This indicated deep unconsciousness.

Georgina Callander’s condition deteriorated further in the ambulance. She went into cardiac arrest shortly before the ambulance arrived at Manchester Royal Infirmary at 23:48.51

At the hospital, Advanced Life Support was given to Georgina Callander for 30 minutes.52 Georgina Callander remained in cardiac arrest. Her death was confirmed at 00:05 on 23rd May 2017.53

A post‑mortem examination confirmed that Georgina Callander suffered multiple injuries as a result of the explosion. Her death was caused by a head injury and her injuries were unsurvivable.54